If you are looking for something super simple – yet fresh and delicious this is the perfect side dish. With a handful of fresh ingredients you can whip together this quick side dish in no time.
This recipe was created as I just threw some ingredients together for a summer meal with the family. My big sister is the one who said that I needed to share this on my blog – it was almost too simple, but that is really also the beauty of it. Easy recipes are often the best ones.
This dish is also perfect as a light lunch, and you can then serve it with slices of fresh bread.
I hope you will try this simple side dish the next time you are in the mood for something fresh. If you make it, snap a picture and tag me on instagram @by.linaelisabeth – I look forward to seeing your dish!
Simple side dish with avocado and tomatoes
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- ½ solo garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 10 g fresh basil leaves about a handful
- olive oil
- creamy balsamico
- sea salt flakes and black pepper
- Cut the ripe tomatoes and the ripe and creamy avocados into thin slices. For the tomatoes you can also use cherry tomatoes as a substitute
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Chop the fresh basil.
- Neatly spread out the tomato and avocado slices on a plate.
- Pour a squeeze of fresh lemon juice over the creamy avocado.. The acid in the citrus juice keeps the avocado from browning, keeping it that green vibrant color.
- Sprinkle the finely chopped garlic and basil over the tomatoes and avocados.
- And finally, drizzle a little bit of olive oil, creamy balsamico, and a few sea salt flakes (like Maldon) and pepper over the dish before serving it.