This salad is guaranteed to give you those summer feels. The combination of fresh fruit and vegetables with a spicy peanut butter sauce and crunchy nuts is absolutely yummy.
I hope you feel inspired to make this salad for an upcoming healthy lunch. If you make it I would love to hear from you, please write a comment to let me know what you thought of it. If you snap a picture, tag me on instagram @by.linaelisabeth – I look forward to seeing how it turns out!
Summer Salad with Pineapple and Peanut Butter Sauce
- 150 g pineapple (fresh)
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 spring onion
- 10 g fresh cilantro
- 25 g salted peanuts (a handful)
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1/3 solo garlic
- 1-2 g yellow chili
- 3 g ginger (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon dark/toasted sesame oil
- 50 ml water
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- a small dash of salt
- fresh cilantro
- sesame seeds
Peanut Butter Sauce
- It is a good idea to start with the peanut butter sauce. You can cut the fruits and vegetables for the salad as the sauce is simmering.
- Finely chop the solo garlic, yellow chili and ginger.
- Add the sesame oil to a small pot and bring to medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the garlic, chili and ginger to the pot and fry this at medium heat for 3-4 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and bring the sauce to a rapid simmer (medium heat). Let the sauce simmer for 20 minutes (no lid). Stir occasionally.
- Cut the pineapple and avocado into small cubes
- Cut the cucumber in two over the middle as you only need half a cucumber. Then, cut the half of the cucumber that you are using lengthwise down the center, and repeat again for each of the two pieces. Slice the four pieces into smaller cubes, approximately 0,5 cm thick.
- Chop the spring onion
- Finely chop the cilantro
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl, including the peanuts and mix it together lightly.
- Serve the salad garnished with your peanut butter sauce, a light drizzle of sesame seeds and fresh cilantro