Have your homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing ready in less than 10 minutes. There are many vegan recipes for vinaigrettes out there, but this is my go-to when I want something simple, fresh, and delicious.
The dressing is made with a little water to balance out the vinegar and lemon juice. And the taste has a touch of dijon mustard.
Make your own Dressing and Serve it with a Healthy Green Salad
Following a plant-based diet I eat a lot of homemade salads. This vegan vinaigrette is perfect for leafy green salads with fresh veggies. Try serving it with a mix of:
- Valerianella locusta / mâche / cornsalad / lamb’s lettuce – it has many names and I just don`t know which one you are most familiar with 🙂 If you are wondering what it looks like – it is the salad type in the photos with the salad bowl
- Sweet cherry tomatoes
- Creamy avocado
- Topped with roasted pine nuts, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- You can also topp it off with this crispy vegan parmasan cheese (can also be prepped ahead of time)
Thow together your favorite salad and serve it with this easy balsamic vinaigrette.
A Perfect Recipe for Meal Prep
As you probably know by now I love the concept of meal prepping. And being healthy does not have to be hard work. When you come home from a long day and you`re hungry it is a dream to find almost done (if not done) food in your kitchen. This is a great dressing to have in the fridge. When you are hungry all you need to do is throw together a simple salad and pour this balsamic salad dressing over it. So simple. Sooo good.
I make extra dressing to always have leftovers for the next day. If you have leftover dressing, store it in an airtight container like a mason jar in your fridge.
I hope you make your own salad dressing the next time you are in the mood for a healthy green salad. If you make it I would love to hear from you, please give a star rating or write a comment to let me know what you think.
If you snap a picture, tag me on instagram @by.linaelisabeth – I look forward to seeing how your homemade vinaigrette turns out!
Simple Vegan Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- 25 ml lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 25 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 25 ml balsamico
- 25 ml water
- 1 tsp herbes de Provance
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- a pinch of sea salt
- Squeeze the lemon juice.
- Mix all of the ingredients for your salad dressing together in small glass.
- Serve it tempered to room temperature. Make sure to stir before serving/pouring the dressing over the salad. Or serve it on the side, in a small bowl or a small jar.