In just 10 minutes you can enjoy this creamy beet salad made with fresh beets, chunks of juicy orange and more yumminess. It is the perfect side dish for any season. Mix it up and add a splash of color to your lunch- or dinner table.
I was craving this salad last week, and so here it is 🙂
The fresh beets are roughly grated so it has that good al dente chewyness to it. Mixed with vegan sour cream it gets a nice texture. This salad is a great alternative to any green salad as it too adds a freshness to your meal, and because of its strong pink, playing with beetroot is my favorite way to add color to a plate.
To see how easy and quick it is to make, check out the video below:
If you have any leftovers, simply store these in an airtight container in your fridge and enjoy your creamy salad the next day.
I hope you try this creamy beet salad the next time you are in the mood for something fresh and colorful. If you make it I would love to hear from you, please give a star rating or write a comment to let me know what you think.
If you snap a picture, tag me on instagram @by.linaelisabeth – I look forward to seeing how your beetroot salad turns out.
Juicy and Creamy Beet Salad
- 1 red beet
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 orange
- 150 g vegan sour cream
- Peel the fresh red beet.
- Roughly grate the red beet using your multi-puropose box grater. Add the grated beetroot to a large mixing bowl.
- Press the garlic clove using a garlic press / garlic crusher and add it to the bowl with the grated beetroot.
- Peel the orance, and cut half of the orange into chunky bite-sized bits, and add to the large bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from half of a lemon and add to the bowl.
- Add the vegan sour cream to the bowl with the ingredients and mix it all together.