Hummus is the perfect “go-to” when you`re in the mood for a delicious, creamy and quick dip or bread spread. This hummus recipe with sun-dried tomatoes works perfectly as a delicious dip for raw vegetables, and I also love using this hummus as a bread spread on homemade Norwegian crispbreads.
A Quick and Simple Hummus Recipe
For this simple recipe, all you need are 20 minutes and a handful of ingredients. To keep it easy I use canned chickpeas and I leave the chickpea skins on. If you are short on time you can get away with not boiling the canned chickpeas, but boiling them does give your hummus that extra smooth texture. So if you have time, let them boil.
Try making this recipe the next time you are looking to make homemade hummus. If you make it, write a comment to let me know what you think. If you snap a picture, tag me on instagram @by.linaelisabeth – I look forward to seeing how your hummus turns out!
Best Hummus with Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 400 g cooked/canned chickpeas drained
- 70 g sun-dried tomatoes in glass with oil, drained
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 100 ml water
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp sea salt
- A drizzle of olive oil extra virgin
- Fresh herbes I use parsley
- Drain the chickpeas, then add them to a pot with water and bring to a boil. Let the chickpeas boil for 10 minutes.
- While the chickpeas are boiling, peel the garlic cloves and squeeze the fresh lemon juice.
- Drain the water off the boiled chickpeas and add the drained chickpeas to a bowl/micro blender cup together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients in a micro blender or with a standmixer until smooth and creamy. If you would like your hummus to be a bit thinner just add a little water.
- Garnish your hummus with chickpeas, olive oil, fresh herbes (like parsley) and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.