Are you ready for a sweet and easy recipe? Buttery cookies, peanut butter flavor, crunchiness – perfect for those of us living a vegan lifestyle and those of us that just want to enjoy good food.
These are not your classic peanut butter cookies. The cookies are made with only four ingredients: flour, oatmeal, white sugar and vegan butter. And they are topped with an amazing combination of peanut butter, whipped cream and salt. It`s simply irresistable. It is the perfect recipe for a peanut butter fan.
Bake Your Own Peanut Butter Cookies – Let me Show You How
Because of their crunchy and crumbly texture, I find these to be the best cookies to be paired with a creamy topping. You can use crunchy or creamy peanut butter – whichever one you like. I myself prefer a bit of crunch in the cream.
In addition to the full instructions you can find on the recipe card below, I have made a short video to show you exactly how these cookies are baked. It can sometimes be difficult to really understand how the cookies are shaped and baked just from reading. Let alone – it can be difficult to describe.. 🙂 so to help you get the very best results, here`s a short video.
I hope you enjoy the cookies. And if you don`t finish them all, simply store your cookies with cream in an airtight container in your fridge and enjoy them over the next days.
Try making this recipe the next time you are in the mood for something sweet, salty and creamy. If you make the cookies, write a comment to let me know what you think. If you snap a picture, tag me on instagram @by.linaelisabeth – I look forward to seeing how they turn out!
Cookies with Peanut Butter Cream
- 60 g all-purpose flour
- 15 g oatmeal
- 10 g sugar
- 45 g vegan butter chilled / from the fridge
Peanut Butter Cream
- 100 ml whippable vegan cream e.g. from oatly
- 1 tsp sugar
- 50 g peanut butter smooth or crunchy
- 5 g vegan butter
- a pinch of salt
- ¼ vegan chocolate bar or dark chocolate chips optional
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius (356 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl before adding the chilled vegan butter and kneading it into the dry mixture with your hands. Knead until smooth.
- Shape 10 cookies with your hands. You shape a cookie by taking a piece of dough, rolling it into a ball and pressing it down/flattening it with your palms - your cookies should be about 0.5 cm thick. Use your fingers to smooth out the edges as it is a slightly crumbly dough. Place the cookies on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. For a more visual explanation of how to bake and shape these see the recipe video.
- Bake your cookies in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes.
- When done, carefully place the baked cookies on a wire rack and let them cool down in room temperature.
Peanut Butter Cream
- Melt the crunchy peanut butter, and the vegan butter in a small pot on medium heat. And add a pinch of salt. Once melted, set this to the side and let it cool down slightly.
- Add the whippable vegan cream and the sugar to a large bowl and whip with your hand- or stand mixer until creamy and firm. This takes about 3-5 minutes on high speed.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the bowl with the whipped cream. Use a spatula to fold it in carefully. Only fold it in 4-7 times as to not to stir too much air out of the cream.
Putting it All Together
- Make sure your cookies are no longer warm before decorating them with the peanut butter cream.
- Use a pastry bag with a star tip to decorate your cookies with the peanut butter cream.
- Optional: use a grater to grate and drizzle vegan chocolate over your creamy cookies (see the recipe video), or simply use dark chocolate chips as decoration.