Enjoy this pink beetroot latte with an earthy flavor of beets, naturally sweet taste and beautiful color! This beet latte recipe is made with whole raw beets and the steamed plant-based milk that you add to your mug makes it creamy and also soothes the taste of the beetroot juice.
Enjoying this pink beet latte in the morning instead of (or in addition to) your morning coffee warms the entire body and is a nice way to give yourself a healthy start to the day. It is a super easy recipe to follow.
If you are a regular coffee drinker this is not your usual coffee but rather a delicious drink that gives you a natural energy boost. Here is how you make it:
I used to make my beet latte with beetroot powder. It may be the easiest way to make one, but as it is not always easy to come by, and as using fresh beets is this easy, I prefer this recipe to the powder version. I also use oat milk barista edition but you can of course use your favorite choice of milk. Use a milk frother or any hand held whisk tools to steam your milk. I have one that heats and steams the milk at the same time. If you have one that only steams it I recommend that you heat up the milk first so it does not make your beet latte cold.
The taste of beets is made sweeter and more round with the addition of freshly squeezed orange juice, a dash of walnut oil and the steamed oat milk. The full recipe can be found in the recipe card. It does not contain any additional sweetners as I find the beet mixture and milk to be sweet enough. But if you wish to add more sweetness without using added sugar you can sweeten it further with maple syrup or of course simply use your sweetener of choice. But I would recommend that you try it without first to see if it is sweet enough.
I hope you try this beetroot latte recipe the next time you are in the mood for a delicious pink drink. If you make it I would love to hear from you, please give a star rating or write a comment to let me know what you think.
If you snap a picture, tag me on instagram @by.linaelisabeth – I look forward to seeing how your beet latte turns out.
Easy & Quick Beet Latte Recipe - made from Whole Raw Beetroot
- 1 red beet raw
- 1 ½ dl water
- 2 tbsp orange juice freshly squeezed
- a dash walnut oil in each serving
- 6 dl boiling hot water
- 2 dl oat milk barista edition to be steamed
- Wash the raw red beet. Cut off the ends and roughly chop it.
- Squeese two tablespoons of orange juice from an orange.
- Add the chopped red beet and 1 ½ dl water (room temperature or luke warm) to your high-speed blender / nutriblender / food processor and pulse until the red beet is relatively finely grated/chopped by the machine.
- Place a strainer (sieve with very small holes) over a bowl and use a spatula or a spoon to press the liquid out of the sieve and into the bowl below. Seperating the liquid from the beet solids.
- NOTE! If you are making this beetroot latte just for you then use one half of the strained beetroot and water juice at a time, and make half of the boiled water and oat milk stated on the recipe card and in the following instruction steps.
- Bring about 6-7 dl (2.4-2.8 cups) of water to a boil using your boiler or kettle.
- Steam 2 dl (0.8 cups) of oat milk barista edition.
- Take two serving mugs that have room for about 6 dl (2.4 cups) in each.
- Pour all the beetroot juice in equal amounts into the two mugs.
- Add about 3 dl (1.2 cups) of the boiled warm water to each mug.
- Add one tablespoon of freshly squeezed orange juice and a dash of walnut oil to each mug.
- And finish it off by pouring half of the steamed / frothed milk into each mug.