Healthy, filling, and fresh. This is a really simple kale salad with a mix of vegetables, fruit and berries. The salad dressing is pure raspberry vinegar, which gives the dish a tart, sweet and summery taste.
If you are having guests over on a sunny day, serving this up is a great idea. And the best part, its easy and quick to make, and the flavor combination is on point. The salad works perfectly as a meal on its own, as a colorful appetizer or as a side dish.
I love recipes for easy salads and this one is no exception.
- It is a great way to get your “five a day” as the salad has a variety of fruit and veggies
- You can impress your guests with a healthy meal with green asparagus, raw kale and raspberries that add extra color and makes for one impressive looking plate
- The meal prep is easy and the actual prepping and garnishing time is less than 25 minutes (total time is more as the potatoes are oven baked)
- The oven baked potaotes makes it a filling and heartier meal
This is one good kale salad. With raspberry vinegar and fresh raspberry toppings this dish is a true summer hit with sweet flavors.
The recipe gives you a large bowl of salad.
If you have salad leftovers, store it in an airtight container in your fridge, and enjoy it the next day.
Try making this kale salad recipe the next time you are in the mood for something healthy and fresh. If you make it I would love to hear from you. Please write a comment to let me know what you think. If you snap a picture, tag me on instagram @by.linaelisabeth – I look forward to seeing how it turns out!
Kale Salad with Raspberries
- 4 large potatoes
- ¼ red cabbage
- 100 g fresh kale leaves
- 100 ml raspberry vinegar
- 2 yellow apples
- 10 green asparagus
- 150 g fresh raspberries for garnishing/topping
- olive oil extra virgin
- sea salt (flakes)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celcius (392 fahrenheit), fan bake setting.
- Cut the potatoes into potato wedges and smear these with extra virgin olive oil. Spread the potato wedges out on a roasting pan and drizzle with sea salt (flakes).
- Bake the potato wedges in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius (392 degrees Fahrenheit), fan bake setting, for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Cut the bottom two centimeters off each green asparagus. Place the asparagus on a roasting pan and drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the asparagus. When 10 minutes remain for the potatoes to be done, place the roasting pan with the asparagus in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cut the red cabbage into thin, short slices and roughly chop the kale leaves. Remove the cores from the apples and cut the apples into small squares.
- Mix the potato wedges, red cabbage, kale, apples and raspberry vinegar in a bowl.
- Lay the asparagus across the mix. To make the raspberries extra colorful, dip them in rasperry vinegar, then decorate your salad bowl with the fresh raspberries.