No more boring salads, chewing on plain letuce and cucumbers – let`s mix it up and level up your green salad bowls! There is no reason why healthy food shouldn`t be delicious food.
Delicious Flavors with Simple Ingredients
Leafy greens, juicy tomatoes and fresh sprouts covered in a delicious dressing with fresh lemon juice, topped off with crispy vegan parmesan cheese. Need I say more?
This green salad is a great way to get your daily servings of vegetables. It is an easy recipe to follow and with a burst of flavor it is guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds. It is the combination of the fresh greens, the vinaigrette and the cheesy topping that makes this salad a winner.
The vegan version of parmesan topping is made with pine nuts and nutritional yeast for that cheesy and nutty flavor. If you want to see how this is made, I have made a short video showing the steps to follow when making this vegan parmesan topping.
The homemade salad dressing is a simple vinaigrette that gives your salad that extra “kick”.
The Perfect Lunch or Side Salad
This green salad is the perfect side dish or light meal on its own. If you are having guests over you can serve up a big salad bowl with the dressing and salad topping on the side.
Try making this fresh vegan salad the next time you are in the mood for something healthy, plant-based and a little cheesy. If you make it, please write a comment to let me know what you think. If you snap a picture, tag me on instagram @by.linaelisabeth – I look forward to seeing how your delicious salad turns out!
Green Salad topped with a Taste of Crispy Cheese
Crispy Cheesy Topping
- 25 g pine nuts
- 5 g nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ tsp ground thyme
- a pinch of salt
- 50 ml water
Salad Vinegar Dressing
- 25 ml lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 25 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 25 ml balsamico
- 25 ml water
- 1 tsp herbes de Provance
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- a pinch of sea salt
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh sprouts of your choice
- 100 g salad of your choice
Crispy Cheese Topping
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius, fan bake setting (356 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Add the pine nuts to your mortar and grind them well. If you don`t have a mortar you can also use a food processor.
- Mix the ground pine nuts with the rest of the ingredients for the crispy cheesy topping in a bowl.
- Cover a baking trey in parchment paper and pour the mixture for your topping onto the parchement paper. Spread the mixture out in a thin layer.
- Place the trey with the topping mixture in the middle of the oven and let it bake for 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on it for the last couple of minutes and take the trey out when you can see that all of the topping mixture has been baked.
- Take the trey out of the oven and let your cheesy topping cool down.
- Once the topping has cooled down, use a spatula to get the topping off of the parchment paper.
- Add your crispy cheesy topping to a glass or a small bowl, to be placed on the table with the salad.
Salad Vinegar Dressing
- Mix all of the ingredients for your salad dressing together in small glass.
- Make sure to stir before serving/pouring the dressing over the salad.
- Cut each of the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- You can serve the salad with the dressing and the crispy cheesy topping on the side, or you can serve it by first pouring the vinegar over the salad and then drizzling the cheesy topping over the bowl / servings.