A great recipe for hot dinners or cold lunches – and it`s perfect for meal prep! This creamy peanut butter sauce is made with basic ingredients and ready in less than 20 minutes. Made with fresh chili it is a slightly spicy sauce. And the vegan cooking cream gives it that silky texture and tones down the chili and garlic.
Serve it hot over rice noodles and wok-fried veggies like red bell peppers and broccoli, or use it as a cold dressing over veggie bowls.
As you see on the recipe card you can use both crunchy as well as smooth peanut butter. Just make sure you use natural peanut butter. This means using high-quality peanut butter made from only peanuts, and maybe some sea salt. I know I`ve said “peanut butter” way too many times… From this paragraph it should be pretty clear that if you have a peanut allergy this is not a recipe for you 🙂 I just want to encourrage you to use the least industrial version with the least amount of ingredients. Have a look at the ingredients list on some of the peanut butters the next time you are grocery shopping. Then you`ll know what I mean.
Good News! This Peanut Sauce Recipe is Perfect for Meal Prep
Prepping is my thing. If I can prep a meal ahead of time – I most likely will (if I am not coming up with dinner ideas spontaneously).
Whether you are serving this peanut butter sauce hot or cold it is a good idea to prepare it ahead of time. If you are serving it hot, simply heat up the sauce before the meal. If you are serving it cold, well then you don`t really have to do much after it`s been prepared. Well, except from storing it in a box in your fridge.
I served this sauce as a salad dressing with this healthy and easy bulgur salad bowl for my last family birthday. I served a mini-buffet dinner and quite a few dessert options (all vegan of course) for 10 people + 2 kids. And prepping really saved me.
I hope you feel excited to make this spicy peanut sauce the next time you are in a hurry to make something good. If you cook it I would love to hear from you, please give a star rating or write a comment to let me know what you think.
If you snap a picture, tag me on instagram @by.linaelisabeth – I look forward to seeing what you serve your sauce with!
Creamy Vegan Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1 solo garlic about 8-10 g
- 6 g yellow chili
- 200 ml water
- 200 ml vegan cooking cream e.g. cooking cream from oatly
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp peanut butter both creamy or crunchy peanut butter works
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Start by finely chopping the fresh garlic and yellow chili.
- Add all of the ingredients to a small/medium pot.
- Heat the sauce up on low heat to medium heat. Stir occasionally to make sure that all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Once hot, let your sauce simmer on low- to medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir ocassionally. Note that your sauce should be simmering lightly - not boiling.
- When done, use a food processor like a hand blender or a nutriblender to make your sauce creamy (cutting up the small pieces of chili and garlic and blending it even more into the sauce).
- You can serve your sauce hot or cold, depending on your meal. Use it hot in a noodle bowl or over cooked veggies and rice. Or use it cold over cold veggie bowls or salads for lunch. If you are serving your sauce cold (or you have leftover sauce), simply let it cool down in room temperature and store in an airtight container in your fridge.