Up for a fresh and light meal that you can make in less than 15 minutes? Me too! This healthy salad is made with a few simple ingredients:
- sweet cherry tomatoes
- veggie noodles made from fresh zucchini (ours comes straight from our mini-garden)
- creamy avocado
- cheesy vegan pesto
- lima beans / butter beans
This is a perfect dish during the warmer months or in the fall if this is when you are harvesting your homegrown zucchini.
I hope you feel excited to make this raw zucchini noodle salad the next time you are in the mood for something healthy and light. If you make it I would love to hear from you, please give a star rating or write a comment to let me know what you think.
If you snap a picture, tag me on instagram @by.linaelisabeth – I look forward to seeing how your zucchini noodle salad turns out!
Easy & Raw Zucchini Pasta Salad
- 1 zucchini
- 200 g lima beans / butter beans drained. White beans or chickpeas are good substitutes
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 2-3 tbsp vegan pesto topped
- sesame seeds optional - as topping
- lemon zest optional - as topping
- Thinly slice the zucchini into raw zucchini noodles. To get the thin slices I use a multi-purpose box grater. When there is not much left of the zucchini and it is a bit difficult to use the grater you can use a knife to thinly slice the rest of the zucchini noodles.
- Cut each of the cherry tomatoes into four pieces.
- Cut the avocado into small slices.
- Add the zucchini noodles, lima beens (drained), cherry tomatoes, avocado and pesto to a large bowl and mix carefully but well. I love this easy and cheesy vegan pesto recipe. For this salad you can make your own pesto or use a store bought one.
- Serve your raw zucchini noodle salad topped with sesame seeds and lemon zest (optional).