Ready to make your own granola? Then just follow the simple steps of this homemade granola recipe. It is super easy to follow and super yummy. It also gives you room to give it your own twist by adding different flavors. Swap out the walnuts and almonds on the recipe card with your favorite nuts and / or add the dried fruit and berries of your choice.
Making your own healthy homemade granola is so much better than adding a store-bought granola to your shopping cart. The granola ingredients are all natural – the real deal! The nuts and seeds add those healthy fats and omega 3s to your breakfast. If you enjoy your granola with soy milk and fresh fruit you can actually hit three of the four food groups of a balanced whole-foods-plant-based (wfpb) day in ONE meal. Legumes, fruit and wholegrain.
A Delicious Way to Start Your Day
Enjoy your delicious granola with:
- Fresh berries
- Fresh fruit, like a ripe banana cut into slices
- Vegan yogurt
- Almond milk (or any other type of plant-based milk)
I hope you feel ready to give this easy granola recipe a try. If you bake it I would love to hear from you, please give a star rating or write a comment to let me know what you think.
If you snap a picture, tag me on instagram @by.linaelisabeth – I look forward to seeing how your breakfast bowl turns out!
Easy Vegan Granola Recipe
- 50 g almonds
- 50 g walnuts
- 250 g oatmeal
- 20 g coconut flakes
- 30 g flax seeds
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 30 g chia seeds
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 100 ml apple juice
- 100 ml pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or other type of seed butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 100 g dry fruit and berries (optional) I love using 50 g mulberries and 50 g dried banana chips
- Preheat your oven to 140 degrees Celcius (284 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Roughly chop the almonds and walnuts.
- Add the apple juice, maple syrup, peanut butter and coconut oil to a small pot. Mix and warm up on low heat until the coconut oil has melted and the peanut butter has mostly dissolved into the mixture.
- Add all the dry ingredients - except from the dry fruit and berries - to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the warm wet ingredients to the large bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well. Then, leave the bowl on your kitchen counter for 5 minutes. This time allows the seeds and oatmeal to really soak up the liquid.
- Cover a large baking sheet in parchment paper. Spread your granola mixture out in an even layer on the baking trey.
- Place the baking trey with your granola mixture in the middle of the oven and set the timer to 60 minutes. Make sure to stir the mixture every 15 minutes.
- Once done your granola should be golden brown. Let it cool down in room temperature (minimum of 30 minutes).
- When your granola has cooled down mix in your choice of dried fruit and berries.
- Store your granola in an airtight container like a mason jar for up to two weeks.